Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email History not Recording in ACT! 2007

Email History not Recording in ACT! 2007

I use Outlook 2003 for emailing.  I have set it up so that I should be recording email history in ACT! 2007.  When I compose an email, I select a recepient from the ACT Address Book.  I have deselected Microsoft Office 2003 as my email editor.  After I send the email I go into ACT to see if the history has recorded...and of course it has not.

In ACT! I have selected Microsoft Outlook as my email editor.

If been trying to get this working for a month...please help!

Re: Email History not Recording in ACT! 2007

Try starting/restarting Act.Outlook.Service.exe
  1. Open Task Manager and select the processes tab.
  2. See if Act.Outlook.Service.exe is there. If so, end process on it.
  3. Now go to the following location to start Act.Outlook.Service.exe - C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows

Thank you...it's now working....

However I have a new problem.  Yesterday I installed Microsoft Office 2007.  Everything looks the same in Outlook except that I am no longer able to disable Microsoft Word as my email editor...I guess that is a feature that is disabled in the new Outlook 2007.  I'm running ACT! 2007.  How do I get my emails history recording in ACT! again?

Copper Elite Contributor

aknecht,

Unfortunately according to KB 21940, Office 2007 is not compatible with ACT! 2007.  Office 2007 and Vista came out only a few months after ACT! 2007 was released which was likely not enough time to accommodate the significant file format changes in the new version of office.  Sage did a good job of scrambling and releasing a patch for Vista but the first version of ACT! to support Office 2007 was 2008 (version 10).  .    

I have the same problem (emails not recorded in history).  However, I don't know where the task manager is (how to open it).  Can you please add some detail to the message so that I can hopefully resolve the resolve issue.

Thanks,

Walter Gheller

Koala Tours (Sao Paulo, Brazil)

You can access the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the keyboard or right clicking your task bar and selecting Task Manager.

Hi David,

DOH!  I was looking for a task manager in ACT (yep,.. don't say it).  I am using Act 11 with Windows Pro XP.  Act is not recording my emails and I have tried removing and re-starting Act Outlook add-in as previously advised, but that doesn't work either.  Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Walter

Koala Tours (Brazil)