Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Error

Email Error

(BTW -- it took me half an hour to find this spot!!  Ridiculous...)  When I try to send an email out of Act! with an attachment, I get this message:  "The Parameter is not Correct".  What can I fix to avoid this annoying problem?  Thanks,
Nickel Contributor

Re: Email Error

How large is the attachment? Is the attachment local to your machine? What type of attachment? Have you always gotten this error message when trying to send attachments? What version are you on? What type of email do you use?

Hello -- We have Act! 2008, Ver 10.  I just tested an email and of course it worked.  Could it just be late in the day when I'm tired?  Actually, until this test I would have said that it's usually a first email of the day.  I use Outlook 2003 -- as to file size, it happens often enough that I'd say any size file.  They don't have to be particularly large.  I don't know if this gives you any clues...
Nickel Contributor

Sparatic or inconsistent issues with attachments leads me to believes the issue is with the attachments (type, size, location etc) and not the attachment function otherwise the issue would occur every time regardless of time of the day or number of attempts.