Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Error Set Up using Act 2010 and Outlook 2010

Email Error Set Up using Act 2010 and Outlook 2010

I am using Act 2010 along with Office 2010 using Mircrosoft 64 bit. Apparently you cannot use Outlook 2010 with Act 2010 according to what I have read in the Forum postings. I am trying to set up the email in Act so that I can at least use it. and not worry about integration between Act 2010 and Outlook 2010. 

For every email account that I try and set up using the Internet Mail of the Set Up Assistant I get this message:  

Errors

Failed to find outgoing server

Failed to find incoming server

Failed to send test e-mail

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?  I know that the email accounts work since I receive and send in Outlook 2010.

P.S.  I am having the same problem in being able to integrate with Word 2010 but that is for another post.  Word does not even show up in the Set Up Assistant.

Thanks.  Craig.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Email Error Set Up using Act 2010 and Outlook 2010

Hello Scraigwake,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

The Internet Mail option may be failing due to incompatible ports.  Act! uses the default ports 25 and 110.  Here is an article that explains the setup for Internet Mail and it's restrictions: KB Article 22985

As Outlook 2010 is not recognized by Act! 2010, Word 2010 will not be recognized either.  None of the Office 2010 programs will be recognized by Act! 2010.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you for the link.  Unfortunately this explains how to set up the email which I have now learned how to do.  It does not solve the problem though.  Some of my email servers use Outgoing Server SMPT 26 not 25.  The others I have not figured out yet why Act is not recognizing them.  I will continue to work on a solution.  It is somewhat frustrating to try and get a contact management solution such as Act and then not be able to integrate either email or word processing.  C'est La Vie

I have also have Act 2010 and Outlook 2010 which WAS working until 2 days ago (the new year!) and now it no longer gives Outlook as an option.  Through Outlook I can attach to ACT but it is not an automatic to sent out Calendar invites.

Solutions? Upgrades? 
Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Integration between Outlook 2010 and ACT! 2010 is limited.  We have the Preferences file you can use to integrate the 2, but you cannot reset the settings after the file is in place - Outlook will not appear as an option in the ACT! email system.

Here is the article which contains the instructions and file for integrating Outlook 2010 and ACT! 2010: KB Article 26713

Greg Martin
Sage