Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Distribution Lists - Revisited

Copper Contributor

Email Distribution Lists - Revisited

I understand that previous versions of Sage Act! would not allow people to send an email to all contacts using all of the email addresses for each contact outside of just their primary email address.

Does the current or 2013 version of Sage Act! support the creation of an email distribution list where you can add specifically which emails for each contact you want to add to the list? If not, what's the best add-on to accomplish this? I have regular emails I send to my clients but want to be able to specify which of their email addresses to use for communication.

Thanks

Marco

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Email Distribution Lists - Revisited

There is no change in e-mail field behavior in 2013, the mail merge will only use the primary e-mail field (it will not pull from additional e-mail fields).

(I'm not familiar with an add-on that will do this, hopefully other members will have suggestions)
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Can anyone else possibly chime in on any add-ons or tools I can get that would allow me to send emails or setup a distribution list to my existing clients who have more than 1 email address in their contact record?

Thanks
Copper Contributor

Sorry to bump this thread again, but was really hoping someone has found a way to setup an email distribution list that would allow us to include multiple email addresses from the same contact in the email distribution list.

I've checked with MailChimp it cannot do this.  Rather than have separate contact records for husband/wife, I've added some custom fields to allow for one contact record per household.  The downside to this is that only the primary email address can be used.

Really hoping someone can help me solve this issue.

Thanks

Marco

Copper Contributor

Anyone at all??

Bronze Super Contributor

I'm not aware of an addon that will do what you've described. 

Only thing I could suggest is to export the lookup of that contact list to Excel, then import that list to your email marketing program of choice (i.e. mailchimp).

Or simply have a second contact record that has the second email address on it.

I would have tended to use seperate contact records for each person, that said, I do have clients that do as you have and have both spouses on the one contact record however they only send to one email address for that couple.