Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Attachment

Copper Contributor

Email Attachment

Using ACT 2012 -  I would like for my entire email message to attach to History. I have set up for email subject, message and all attachments, but only one record seems to show the entire message.

How do I get this to work properly?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Email Attachment

I don't fully understand what you are describing, but if you are seeing the email as an attachment within the History items, this is working as designed.

When set for 'subject, message, and all attachments' - the history will appear as an attachment and will not show in the preview pane.

If the recording option is set to 'subject and message', it will be able to display in the preview pane.

If this is not the situation you are experiencing, please describe with more detail.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Okay one of the records shows the entire email message, I cannot get this to work for all the records. The other records only show email , but not the entire message.

I would like to see the entire email message when I print out a report. In other words I want to read the entire email in the history section without clicking on the email message.

Platinum Super Contributor

It could be that the emails were attached at different times, when the setting was different - or that you have different settings for sent messages and attached messages. Be sure to check the settings:
- Tools > Preferences...
- Email and Outlook sync tab
- click E-mail System Setup...
- check screens '5 of 8' and '6 of 8'

To show the email in the preview pane and on reports, select 'E-mail subject and message (recommended)'.

Greg Martin
Sage