Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Address Removal

Email Address Removal

I have a large email list that i need to remove the emails from ACT. Is there a way to auto do this or do i need to manually do it?
Copper Contributor

Re: Email Address Removal

What do you mean "remove"?  Do you want to delete the email addresses or just be able to access them?

i want to be able to remove the emails that are on my excel list from our database.  is there an easy way to do it, or do i need to manually go through and delete/romove each email address from the contacts?>
Copper Contributor

Create a lookup that contains all of the contacts from which you wish to remove the email addresses.

Go to Edit > replace field

select email from the drop down list and leave the value box blank.

This will "remove" all of the email addresses in the lookup.

is it possible to look them all up at hte same time wiht my list of emails or will i have to look them up individually to create the lookup?
Copper Contributor

If you want to remove all of the email addresses you can

go to lookup > all contacts

(that will bring up all of the contacts in your database)

then proceed to Edit > replace field

choose email from the drop down list and leave the value box blank.

By doing this all email addresses will be deleted.

i only want to remove the emaqil address on my excel list.

I have my Act Database

I also have a list of email address of peopel who wish to have their emails taken out.

I is there a way to have act use that excel spreadsheet to delete the emails of just hte people on that excel spreadsheet?

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the clarification.  I don't know of any way to do what you want to do other than individually.
Platinum Elite Contributor

dti1555,

Does the contact information on your spreadsheet match the corresponding contact info in your ACT! database? It really just needs to be one column where the data in that column matches the data for the corresponding field in ACT!.

Example:

Contact name in speadsheet = Robert Smith

Contact name in database  = Robert Smith

Email address in spreadsheet =  johnjones@abc.com

Email address in database matches

If so, then you may be able to use the import process to make the lookup easier. Please confiirm this (or edit your spreadsheet to make it so) and I will be happy to explain.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hey Greig,

Yes the Email address in the spreadsheet matches the email address in the database.  Please explain, thank you very much!