Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Address Not Passed to Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Email Address Not Passed to Outlook

We're currently evaluating ACT (Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 1) along with a couple of other CRMs before we decide on which one to use for our business.  Things have progressed well so far and aside from some gotchas that were mostly training issues on our part our customizations and trial have gone well.  We've got enough data in there now that we're actually starting to use it and one thing that seems like it should be really simple and straightforward isn't working as expected.  We use Outlook for email (Outlook 2003, 11.8217.8172, SP3) and seem to have it "connected" to ACT (i.e. clicking an email address pops up an Outlook new message window and our ACT contacts "sync" into Outlook).  If I'm in a contact detail view and click the email field containing a valid email address, an Outlook new message window pops up but the "To" email address isn't being transferred.  What are we missing?  This seems like it ought to be a pretty transparent process....

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author IBSITR
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Email Address Not Passed to Outlook

In ACT, every user has a record. it's called the My Record.  (You can get to it by lookup my record).  The My Record is where sender info is pulled from when you send letters.

Anyway, this is the only record that exhibits the behavior.  Try any other record and you should see the email address pulling from that contact.

Not 100% sure why it was designed this way, except that other than for testing purposes you propably would not be sending emails to yourself.

Let me know if this helps. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author IBSITR
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

In ACT, every user has a record. it's called the My Record.  (You can get to it by lookup my record).  The My Record is where sender info is pulled from when you send letters.

Anyway, this is the only record that exhibits the behavior.  Try any other record and you should see the email address pulling from that contact.

Not 100% sure why it was designed this way, except that other than for testing purposes you propably would not be sending emails to yourself.

Let me know if this helps. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Wow.  Smiley Very Happy  You are exactly correct, thank you.  Clicking on any user besides myself passes the email address to Outlook correctly.  You know you'd think that someone would fix that "feature"---I can't imagine how many people's time that's wasted, lol (and of course most people are going to test an email to themselves first)!

Anyway, thanks again for the quick & correct response!  It's appreciated!

Paul.

Bronze Contributor

I wasn't sure what you were saying when I read your post.  I then tried to send an eMail by clicking on my eMail hyperlink and again by clicking on the eMail button. 

Clicking on the eMail address field worked just fine and clicking on the eMail button put nothing in the "To" field.  The from information does display correctly. 

Sage?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit