Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Editing the view of contact history

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Editing the view of contact history

Hi,

I have noticed in the "history" tab for each of my contacts it is recording unneccessary information such as when a field is changed or when the contact was linked to a company. I only want to see relevant history - for example, meetings, notes, calls and e-mails. Is there any way of editing which types of history I see which excludes superflous information such as field changes?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author PIMSSDataSystemsLtd
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Editing the view of contact history

In Tools > Define Fields you can set the property - for each individual field - regarding the "Generate History" - If the box is ticked, changes to that field are reported in History. So, go through the fields and untick the ones you do not want tracked in the History tab.
Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author PIMSSDataSystemsLtd
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

In Tools > Define Fields you can set the property - for each individual field - regarding the "Generate History" - If the box is ticked, changes to that field are reported in History. So, go through the fields and untick the ones you do not want tracked in the History tab.
Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
Copper Elite Contributor

To turn off the history being recorded when a contact is linked or unlinked with a company go to:

Tools > Preferences > Startup Tab.  Press the Company Preferences button then uncheck the checkbox that reads:

"Automatically record history when contacts are linked or unlinked"