Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Editing Quote template - reducing number of line items and removing subtotal and tax

Editing Quote template - reducing number of line items and removing subtotal and tax

I want to change the quote template so that there are only 4 product line items and remove the subtotal and tax lines so that only the Total line remains.  I tried to edit the excel spreadsheet in the quote.adt by opening the object, but got a message that it was either corrupt or no longer available.  I then edited quote.xlt in excel and saved it as a template.   Then I opened the quote.adt, deleted the existing spreadsheet and inserted the new quote.xlt as an object and save the template.  When creating an opportunity, I input the product and create a quote, the product does not show in the spreadsheet.  How do I get the products lines to show correctly?

Thanks.
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Editing Quote template - reducing number of line items and removing subtotal and tax

The best way to do this is to open an Explorer window and navigate to the \templates folder for your database. Double-click the original Quote.xlt to open the embedded Excel spreadsheet part of the quote into Excel. Try hiding the columns or rows that you don't want... don't delete them. Then run the quote again and see if that won't meet your needs.
Susan Clark
ACT! Certified Consultant
Cornerstone Solutions, Inc.