Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Editing Design Layout

Editing Design Layout

In ACT 19 I have done modifications in Design Layout, Contacts, that started with the ACT Basic Contact Layout template that has headers of Business Card, Address, Details, and Latest Activities. The only issue i am having is trying to modify the fields named Email, Call Attempt, through Letter Sent, under the heading Latest Activities. Each of those fields is grey and I cannot add information or modify it. I also cannot find any of these fields in Design Fields. How can I use and modify these fields?

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Editing Design Layout

Those are system fields and can't be modified.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the reply. How do i use these fields since i am not able to input data? The fields are grey with a drop down arrow, but it does not work. I am not able to add dates or any other characters in the fields.

Hi,

I think you may have the field box and the label added but the field has not been attached to the box created.

You should be able to go in to the Layout designer and see the Field boxes are blank, double clicking on them will allow you to choose from the list of fields to add to.

15332 Designing Layouts in Act!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Just to explain what these fields are for.

As Roy says they are system fields and get filled in when a process in the database is triggered. So if you create an activity like a meeting for a client and then close it down it automatically fills in the Last Meeting field. The other fields work in a similar way.