Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Edit list view

Edit list view

Hello

Using ACT! 2010 version 12 I need to edit the layout and the summary details shown on the opportunities list view (not the columns, I can manage that!) - I have attached an image to shown what I mean more exactly but I can't seem to see how to edit this.  Maybe it isn't possible?

Look forward to hearing back

Peter

2012-12-11 05_40_52-opportunities list view.png

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Edit list view

That's the list view filter settings and can't be edited.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Astute Commentator

[ Edited ]

I posted the same question this year (using ACT Pro 2012 v14).  Unfortunately it's true.  It would be really useful if the list view could be edited so as to create another lookup.  Is this being considered in an upcoming version of ACT?  If so I'll definately buy it.

One workaround is that you can perhaps remap the current options on list view like Opportunity Status to the new fields you're intending to use.

Those filter settings are built into the program structure. There is a plug in from Durkin Computing that adds significant options to the list views, you might want to check it out.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Astute Commentator

[ Edited ]

I had looked at Durkin Computings offerings last week.  My understanding was that they offered new Reporting Options but nothing as far as enabling an edit of the list view.

I changed my Opportunity Detail View to use the Process/Stage as different selectors since these are carried on the List View. I'm basically changing "Opportunities" into "Projects" and using the Process/Stage selectors as Categories for this.

By the way I'll be at Tech Benders, Plantation, FL presentation on Aug 14th at Nova Univ. 

ACT_Opportunity-new_detail-vw.jpg

From your quick description I'd suggest that you take a look at using a custom table plugin such as the one from Durkin or Topline Designer. There's quite a bit of built in things to workaround to use the oppertunities for other than sales tracking.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

Yes we have an add-on named Opportunity List Plus v5 that dramatically enhances the opportunity list view adding:

1. In line filters ( Seen a the very top)

2. Grouping conditions ( Below we are grouped by the STAGE field)

3. Customizable filer panels (at the bottom of the opportunity list view)

We also support multiple column sets which each one supporting its own filter conditions.

This add-on is part of our Impact Suite v5. You can downloaded the free trial at:

http://durkincomputing.com/Download.aspx

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin 

OppListViewImpactv5.PNG