Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

EXPORT MAP DOES NOT MAINTAIN FIELD ORDER

EXPORT MAP DOES NOT MAINTAIN FIELD ORDER

Is there a way to get the Export Map to maintain a desired field order?
jonojazz
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: EXPORT MAP DOES NOT MAINTAIN FIELD ORDER

The Export wizard has the option to save the field map. Are you doing this?
Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au

Thank you.  Yes, I save the map.  When I reopen the map the field order reverts back to the original order.
jonojazz

We are experiencing the same problem. Our saved maps do not export in the correct field order.
Copper Elite Contributor

Have you moved through the wizard to the load/save map section, and then choose load map ?
Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au

We have loaded the saved map. It will show the map correctly. Then when you export, it moves Last Name, First Name, and Create Date to the first columns even though that is not where they are in the map.

pmk

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem in Act! 2009. I just found a reference in their knowledge base saying that this is a know problem. As a workaround, they suggest exporting to Excel, which does preserve the field order, then exporting to the preferred format from there. Here is the reference:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1432...

<Fixed link.>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 03-30-2009 10:16 AM

Thanks for the information.  The only problem is we export with different maps. You cannot save different list views. You have to re-create the view everytime you need a different report.  Hopefully they will fix this soon.

Has Act created a patch to fix this mapping problem? I use Act 10.0 and was exporting to excel, but now  I cannot export to excel anymore.  I am now using Word 2010 and it doesn't recognize.  I need the mapping to be in the order of the map I create and save.

Still waiting on this Fix.  This is still happening in ACT 2012....any chance anyone from ACT actually looks at this board.  This is a basic concept...if you offer the ability to SAVE a MAP and you offer the ability to ORDER the map, why not save it in the order it was ASKED it to save it in.