Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

EXPORT Group list/membership to EXCEL

EXPORT Group list/membership to EXCEL

ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1

I am using the above, when I try to export a group list to excel I get the icon for excel grey'd out and an error message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What does this mean and how do I fix it to be able to export to excel

thank you

lisa

Copper Contributor

Re: EXPORT Group list/membership to EXCEL

Lisa,

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is one of the most common errors I've experienced in ACT.  It happens quite a lot in my version (2006) and I'm not surprised to read that it happens in later versions.  In reference to Exporting to Excel, I'm assuming you're trying to export a group lookup of contacts.  If this is the case, ensure that you're in Contact List view, where the Export to Excel button should not be greyed out.  It's possible you might have been in Contact view (where it is normal for the button to be greyed out) when you attempted to click the Export to Excel button.

Thank you for the answer, however when I Lookup , groups, then pick a group, double click and see the list,  the export icon is still grey.

The only way it's not is when I just have the list of groups, and then it export just my list of groups, no members or other information.

Have any other thoughts.

Lisa

This is an old post I realize, but I'm wondering if anyone has helped you out with this?  I'm having the exact same issue and wondering if there is a way to export a group detail to excel?
Copper Elite Contributor

It works absolutely well in my version.
Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE

Thanks.  I figured it out late last night.  For anyone struggling with exporting a Group Detail to Excel here it is...

In Group Detail view so that the specific group information is listed.

Right click on the group you wish to export to Excel select "Create Lookup" that Group Detail will now be put into list form giving yo uthe ability to move, remove or hide whatever column information you wish to have included in your export to Excel.  You'll notice that the Export to Excel icon will now work, once you have the information you wish for export organized go ahead and select the Export to Excel Icon from the task bar.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you soooo much!  I was just struggling with this!!  Worked like a charm!