05-22-2012 11:40 AM
Our computer was working and accessible yesterday, but today tried to log in to ACT and the error message "THE GIVEN KEY WAS NOT PRESENT IN THE DICTIONARY" We are using Sage ACT Pro 2011. Please let me know what needs to be done before program and computer CELL through the air like the phone.
05-23-2012 06:06 AM
I saw a previous thread on this that it may be a password issue. Suggest you speak with tech support as they should be able to resolve this issue although there might be a fee involved.
05-24-2012 08:43 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
Are you the only user of the database? If not, are others able to access successfully?
If the only user:
This may be an indication of corruption within the database or it's connection to the Microsoft SQL Server service. Try the following:
- Click Windows Start
- XP > select Run, Vista/Win 7 > use Search field
- enter 'actdiag' > press Enter key
- in Actdiag > select Databases > Database List
- left click box to left of database name (to highlight the line)
- right click same box > select Detach Database
- launch Sage ACT! to reattach to SQL
If this does not resolve the issue, do you have a current backup of the database that you can restore (using File > Restore > Database > Restore As)?