Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ERROR: Field Length exceeded. Must contain 10 digits and 0 decimal places

ERROR: Field Length exceeded. Must contain 10 digits and 0 decimal places

ver had any issuesACT 2011! Pro  - What a joke this software is - installed on 26th Aug (upgraded from ACT 6) and nothing but trouble since this day. To advertise that ACT and Outlook are made for each other is a highly misleading claim as Outlook crashes at start-up or randomly inbetween displaying error mesages resulting in Outlook quarantining the 'act! addin' all the time. "Look up by Example" does not work at all with the Help Desk suggesting a workaround search on a single field only - nice help for a new installation hepl desk. The help desk (useless, as unable to sort my issues) have no other solution as to refer to "re-install ACT again" over and over again. works for 5 minutes if you are lucky, and something else goes wrong - as now the error message: "Field Length exceeded. Must contain 10 digits and 0 decimal places". This field is used to display a curency field: $00.00, simple, always has been, never anything different was entered, always worked. Now you can not leave the open window without crashing ACT when you restart ACT and go back to the contact, none of the info just enterred was safed as you had to crash the system because of this error message that I am unable to fix. I am in Australia will entering nl-NL (for the Netherlands) fix my field problem too?????  Loading the Design Layout does not work either, even after reading and doing all the 1Million suggetsions on this site. To which I can only conclude that the conversion layout tool, part of ACT 2011 doesn't function properly either. BTW we are talking a brand new computer with windows7, ACT 2011 Pro, it should work a treat right out of the box - HA, HA, HA wishful thinking that is. I am on the verge of binning ACT 2011 altogether and go back to using ACT 6 until I find something else to use. Database has 1000 clients any suggestions?? This software I thought is to enable people to run a business - all ACT! 2011 has done is keeping me busy doing what I should not be doing, and it's costing me $$$$$ not to count the nerves and hair you loose over this bug-infested-junkware, bad customer service and poor Outlook integration, havn't had a chance to work with Word or any other Microsoft Program - bet there are more surprises to come....