Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mails

E-mails

When I'm typing an email through ACT the screen sort of blinks and I have to reopen my email screen to start retyping again.

Is there a setting or something I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: E-mails

Hi,

Couple of questions for you anout this issue, what version of ACT are you using and how do you have email set up through ACT? Does the windows actually disappear, or just go behind the ACT program, basically losing focus?

Version 2008 10.0

I'm using Outlook for email.  It just disappears.

Thanks
Scott
Nickel Super Contributor

Scott,

I would like to ask a few more follow up questions.

Does this happen every time you attempt to write an email?

When you say you use Outlook, are you using Outlook with ACT Email, orjust direct Outlook Integration? Ie: When you click on an email address, do you get the ACTEmail Program, or just a brand new Outlook email window?

And last, do you have any antivirus or firewall software and if so, what kind?

Amanda

I have exactly the same issue, using ACT 2008 the window pops up behind the main screen, so annoying.

Thank you.

Answers:

It doesn't happen every time, but does happen about 75% of the time.

Yes- Outlook with ACT, I click on customer email addresss and the outlook through ACT window pops open, I start typing, in the middle of typing, the window minimizes, I maximize it, the data I've been typing while the window was minimized does not appear so I have to retype the portion of the message that was being typed while the window was minimized - my theory is that this may be happening when I am receiving an e-mail

Last answer- Norton Antivirus

Thanks,
Scott

yes agree- it is annoying!
Platinum Elite Contributor

While it's not a solution (I consider this to be a bug), ACT! seems to have an issue with focus... when working on a template, minimize ACT!