Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mailing Documents Through Documents Tab Not Recording To History

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

E-mailing Documents Through Documents Tab Not Recording To History

Currently running ACT 2011 and Outlook 2007. I have ACT and Outlook synced up using the ACT wizard and the custom e-mail settings using the rules in outlook. I would like to e-mail a document from the documents tab using the "E-mail document" hotkey and have it record the e-mail in that contact's history? Is that possible?

For example:

Joe Bob Smith is the contact

Joe Bob's Invoice is what I want to send

Joe Bob's Invoice is attached in ACT in the documents tab

I choose the E-mail Document option for the invoice

Outlook opens to a blank e-mail with Joe Bob's invoice attached

I send Joe Bob's invoice to Phyllis the accountant

I want to look in Joe Bob's history and see that his Invoice was e-mailed to Phyllis the accountant 

I do not want to manually attach anything

I want Act to do the work by virtue of selecting "E-mail Document"

Can this be done? If so, what am I missing?

Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author D Wade
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: E-mailing Documents Through Documents Tab Not Recording To History

Hello D Wade,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Emailing a document from a contact's record will not record in that contact's history that the document was emailed. Like any other email, it will record in the history of the contact you are sending it to (if that contact is in your database with that email address). As a workaround, you can create a new email field and add the recipient's (in your example, Phyllis the account) email address to that field in "Joe Bob's" record. This will record the email in his history, though it will not be in a format that indicates it was sent from his Documents tab.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author D Wade
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: E-mailing Documents Through Documents Tab Not Recording To History

Hello D Wade,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Emailing a document from a contact's record will not record in that contact's history that the document was emailed. Like any other email, it will record in the history of the contact you are sending it to (if that contact is in your database with that email address). As a workaround, you can create a new email field and add the recipient's (in your example, Phyllis the account) email address to that field in "Joe Bob's" record. This will record the email in his history, though it will not be in a format that indicates it was sent from his Documents tab.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.