Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mail won't launch

E-mail won't launch

I recently was writing an e-mail in Act Pro 2012 when it suddenly said that Act wasn't responding.  It came up with a message that I unfortunately did not copy before I restarted Act.  Now when I click on "Write E-mail" nothing happens and when I click "View E-mail" it displays this error message:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Act.UI.Email.EmailConnector.get_CarrierCount()

at Act.UI.Email.UIEmailManager.OpenEmail()

Anyone know anything about this or what to do about it?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: E-mail won't launch

Nevermind. After a few days it seems to have fixed itself. Just confirms my suspicion that these machines work more on voodoo than technology.
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: E-mail won't launch

Hello MeinOK,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Thank you for the update! Glad to know it is working again, and I enjoyed the voodoo reference.

For future reference, here is an article with several steps concerning the 'Object reference' error: KB Article 24350

If you are using a Windows 7 or Vista operating system, you may need to run Sage ACT! with the 'Run as administrator' option.  To do this: close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select Properties > select Compatibility tab > enable 'Run this program as administrator' option > click OK to save and close.  Open Sage ACT! as normal (double click).

Greg Martin
Sage