Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mail problems

E-mail problems

I recently up graded to version 8.0. I had not problems with my email and now when I try to email I get: "You haven't set up your email. You will have to do this before you can send or receive email in act." I have set my email up. I have been using ACT for many years and know how to set it up but nothing I am doing is getting it to work. I have also tried some of the fixes I have found on the internet but noting is working. Anyone know what I can do?

Thanks
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: E-mail problems

How did you have your email set up? Outlook, Internet Mail etc?

If you are using Outlook, I would recommend deleting your preferences, then try to reset up the email system.

You can delete the preferences through the ACT8Diag.
Go to Start/Run and type in ACT8Diag
Once in the diagnostic tool, go to Tools / Delete Preferences

I did that but still can not email out. It still tells me that I need to set up my email before I can send out email. I am using Outlook Express.

Jim
Platinum Elite Contributor

Did you set up the email prefernces after deleting them?

What version of ACT! from Help | About?

I have 2006 8.0 version. I am about ready to give up on ACT. This is the third time I have had e-mail problems. I followed your suggestions and I have set up the email again but nothing. It has been about 4 months that I have not been able to email out from ACT and I am now looking at other programs. I have to have something that works.

Jim
Platinum Elite Contributor

I have version 11.0 2009.  I just bought it.  It only lets me set up internet mail, the outlook option isn't there.  How do I select Outlook

How do I set-up outlook e-mail?  version 11  2009  it only has "internet Mail" as an option?

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Frontone,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

What version of Office do you have installed? 

If it is Office 2010, ACT! 2009 will not recognize Outlook 2010 (ACT! 2009 was released before Office 2010).  If this is the situation, you can obtain partial integration using the steps in the following article: KB Article 26713

Note: The article was written for ACT! 2010, but we have seen this process work for ACT! 2009 as well.

If you would like more integration that this option offers, the company DesignR1 offers an inexpensive add-on that will integrate ACT! 2009 with Office 2010.  There is a trial available for this add-on.  Here is a link to the web site: http://www.designr1.com/shop/act-word-2010/

If you are using Office 2007 or 2003, was ACT! installed after Office?  If not, uninstall and reinstall ACT! so that it can recognize the Office installation.

Greg Martin
Sage