Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mail not working

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

E-mail not working

I have Windows 7 with service pack 1, and MS Outlook Professional Plus 2010, version 14.0.5128.5000.  I'm running ACT! 2010, Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.

I just upgrated to the service pack 1 for my Windows, and the MS office pack upgrade.  Now my e-mail in ACT! doesn't work.  When I try to send e-mail I get this message:  "Value cannot be null Parameter name: type".  Before the MS upgrade Ididn't have any problems - HELP!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: E-mail not working

Hmm - I think the straw that worked was this article:

How To Perform Repairs in Microsoft® Office® 2010,

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2707...

I found it from reading through the articles you sent, then just working my way through all the components that applied to my versions of Windows & MS Office.

Thanks so much!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Linda,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Since this occurred after applying updates to Windows and Office, I would try recreating your ACT! Preferences to rebuild the connection with Outlook.  Here is an article with instructions for rebuilding your ACT! Preference files, I recommend using the instructions 'Alternate Method: Manually Rebuilding Preferences': KB Article 14770.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Did every thing per document.  ACT! restarted, but when I go to Tools-Preferences to reset Outlook as my e-mail server, the only option I have under E-mail & Outlook Sync - E-mail System Setup is Internet Mail.  Everything on the bottom under Outlook Synchronization is grayed out.

First we need to verify the version of ACT! you have installed.  In your original message you have ACT! 2010 - V13.0... can you verify the version/build number under the ACT! > Help > About ACT! menu?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 - copied directly from  About ACT!

Ok - just had to verifty that. 

Since it was working before, I assume that Office is NOT installed as the 64-bit version.  If it was updated to the 64-bit version, it will not be compatible with ACT! and would need to be reinstalled in the 32-bit mode.

Here is an article with common steps for resolving this issue (Outlook not listed as option): KB Article 14425

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

YEA - I'm back up & e-mailing!

That's great news!

Do you mind responding with the step that actually resolved your issue?

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Hmm - I think the straw that worked was this article:

How To Perform Repairs in Microsoft® Office® 2010,

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2707...

I found it from reading through the articles you sent, then just working my way through all the components that applied to my versions of Windows & MS Office.

Thanks so much!

Copper Contributor

I had similar experience. ACT! 2010 and Outlook 2010 worked. Updated to ACT! 2011. No Outlook option in e-mail set up. Ran the Office 2010 repair. Works again.