Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mail not automatically updating history anymore

E-mail not automatically updating history anymore

I have 

Act! Pro Version 21.1.187.0, Update 4

Windows 10 Pro

Outlook 2019 (though when I go to "File - Account" it says Office 2016"?

Just installed ACT on new Dell computer Oct 30.  Outlook was set up as my e-mail application and it is supposed to record subject line and e-mail body in history.  It was doing it fine until about two days ago and now does not record anything in "history" whether I send the e-mail by clicking the e-mail address in the ACT profile or send from Outlook directly.  

Thought maybe it got "un-setup" somehow so went back into make sure in "Preferences" and it says  "E-mail systems": and shows Microsoft Outlook as the one selected but when I hit "OK" a dialogue box comes up saying "Microsoft Office Outlook - Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default client"  Any one have any suggestions?

Tuned Listener

Re: E-mail not automatically updating history anymore

I am having the same issue on my Dell Windows 10 64 bit laptop with Outlook 2016 from Office 365. Were you ever able to fix the issue?

@Contractor wrote:

I have 

Act! Pro Version 21.1.187.0, Update 4

Windows 10 Pro

Outlook 2019 (though when I go to "File - Account" it says Office 2016"?

Just installed ACT on new Dell computer Oct 30.  Outlook was set up as my e-mail application and it is supposed to record subject line and e-mail body in history.  It was doing it fine until about two days ago and now does not record anything in "history" whether I send the e-mail by clicking the e-mail address in the ACT profile or send from Outlook directly.  

Thought maybe it got "un-setup" somehow so went back into make sure in "Preferences" and it says  "E-mail systems": and shows Microsoft Outlook as the one selected but when I hit "OK" a dialogue box comes up saying "Microsoft Office Outlook - Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default client"  Any one have any suggestions?

There have been 105 views and the only one to reply was to ask if I found a solution to my problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where else I might look for a solution. 

As best I can determine Swiftpage does not seem to offer any support for their software without a fee.  I just want to know why a feature that is supposed to exist in the software has stopped working without my having done anything of which I am aware to change my set up.  I am not a novice user, have used ACT almost daily since version 1.0 in 1987 and at one time managed a data base of 282,000 records with ACT.  In fact was told by support people who worked for either Conductor or Symantec (whichever owned it in about 1996-1997) that we were managing the largest database with ACT of which they were aware.  I am disappointed Swiftpage does not have a way to get a basic question like this answered without charging for it.  I want things I sell to work correctly?

Love the product and have for decades.  Not that impressed with the current owners.

Nickel Super Contributor

Have you changed your Office installation AFTER you installed ACT!? Changed like: replaced a 64-bit-Installation type by a 32-bit type?
Did the computer by chance come with a pre-installed Office-APP suite and you installed a "real" Office version on top of it ( maybe without knowing about the pre-installed "APP-Version")?
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

I did.  Dell was supposed to have Office 2019 installed and instead had 2016 so they walked me through installing the correct one.  I did go back in and set up Outlook as the e-mail application within ACT under preferences again after doing this though?

Nickel Super Contributor

So you did a "downgrade" of Office...
To get rid of that problem you need to uninstall ACT and reinstall it, so that ACT! can "recognize" the actual Office version correctly again.
If the problem persists or something else is still wrong, I will have to guide you through a nasty little registry hack (removing a remainder of the Office 2019 there), but that might be unnecessary.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

I went from 2016 to 2019.  Is that a downgrade?  I will reinstall it tomorrow (have to do payroll today) and let you know if that solved it.  Thanks for your input.