Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mail links are broken. How can i auto reattach my emails?

E-mail links are broken. How can i auto reattach my emails?

Many of my recently sent e-mails are no longer attached within Act!

The emails do exist in the Outlook sent folder and the history is present in the Act History tab. Clicking the item in history does screen up the edit history dialog box and and the box displays a link to the e-mail. Click on the "linked" e-mail however results in a single character error message containg just an exclaimation point. (Shown below.)

act 2011 email error image.jpg

I've had this happen in tha past Sage 2006 I think and used a utility called "Reattach". But I cannot find if that utiltity is available and/or useable with Act! 2011.

I'm using Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 with Outlook 2010. Thanks in advance for your help! Mark K.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: E-mail links are broken. How can i auto reattach my emails?

[ Edited ]

Hello Mark,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This error will occur if the attachment file is missing from the Attachments folder for your database. Browse to and open the Attachments folder for your database and see if the "tmp7E35.msg" is there.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Actually I did find a file named tmp7E35.msg. But this was just one of many tmp****.msg files I found. (How did you know there would be a file of that particular name?) Anyway... your answer did lead to a solution because I noted that these tmp****.msg files were not in the attachments folder of the current database. I copied them all to the current database/attachments folder and now they are all found.

Thank you, Mark K.  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Glad you found the files and were able to resolve the issue. BTW, the file name is in your screenshot Smiley Happy

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

OK, thats a hoot! I forgot I put that there, I thought you were psychic. hehe