Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mail history not recording in Act 2009 v11, can not add Act address book in Outlook 2007

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

E-mail history not recording in Act 2009 v11, can not add Act address book in Outlook 2007

I can not record any history when sending or receiving e-mail with Outlook with Act

I am using Windows Vista 64 bit. I installed Act 2009  v11.0 before installing Outlook 2007. (I don't know if this could be a problem with the order of installing these programs)

When sending e-mail through Act using Outlook, there are no add-ins or any Act icons in Outlook.

I tried to add Act address book in Outlook and get this error message:

The account you added is not fully configured. It might not work properly until re-configured correctly.

Thank you in advance for your help Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rfox323
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: E-mail history not recording in Act 2009 v11, can not add Act address book in Outlook 2007

Yes, the order matters.  Office is required on the machine before installing ACT!.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author rfox323
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: E-mail history not recording in Act 2009 v11, can not add Act address book in Outlook 2007

Yes, the order matters.  Office is required on the machine before installing ACT!.

Re: E-mail history not recording in Act 2009 v11, No "add-ins" showing in Outlook

I uninstalled and reinstalled Act.

I can now see the Act Address Book in Outlook.

However I still do not have the "add-ins" tab in Outlook. I can not record my e-mail history.

Copper Contributor

Re: E-mail history not recording in Act 2009 v11, No "add-ins" showing in Outlook

I also do not have the history being recorded, and have ACT 11 / (outlook 2007) -- Everything was working fine and properly on this PC with ACT 10... and I simply uninstalled 10 - and installed 11 Full

any help would be appreciated

Make sure the ACT! address book is added and you're able to see the ACT! icons in Outlook.  Also make sure Act.Outlook.Service.exe is loaded under the Process tab in Task Manager.  If it isn't, you can start it from C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows.

Hi Rfox323,

this is a bit tricky.

I had the same Problem with VISTAx64 and the Act.Outlook.Service.exe

What you have to do, is to look for a Little Tool. It is called "Microsoft (R) .NET Framework CorFlags Conversion Tool." Corflags.exe.

First: Run the Task-Manager and kill the Task "Act.Outlook.Service.exe".

After this, go to the ACT-Installation Directory with a ADMIN DOS-Prompt. Copy the CORFLAGS.exe in the same Directory where the "Act.Outlook.Service.exe" is.

then type in:

"Corflags Act.Outlook.Service.exe"

You shoud see something like this:

E:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows>Corflags Act.Outlook.Service.exe
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework CorFlags Conversion Tool.  Version  3.5.21022.8
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Version   : v2.0.50727
CLR Header: 2.5
PE        : PE32
CorFlags  : 9
ILONLY    : 1
32BIT     : 0
Signed    : 1

The important thing is: "32Bit: 0" this has to be "= 1"

You can do it with:

"Corflags Act.Outlook.Service.exe /32Bit+ /Force"

After this, restart the "Act.Outlook.Service.exe". It shoud work now. The Queue Directory will now be cleared.

Kind Regards

Carsten

Did you go into the Outlook trust center and enable the act add-in?  Also, I have had history problems and found that it was how my outlook was setup in act.