Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mail View in ACT does not open

E-mail View in ACT does not open

I had to reinstall ACT 2010 into Windows Visat, using Outlook 2003.  Now when I have ACT open and I click on view e-mail, all I get is one new e-mail message to create.  I can not view all of my e-mail in ACT and therefore not able to send out mass BCC mailings.  ANy suggestions on ways I can fix this so that I can view all e-mails through ACT?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: E-mail View in ACT does not open

This issue was resolved in ACT! 2010 with the Service Pack 1 update, here is an article with information about the update and instructions for downloading and applying it: KB Article 25927

You mention doing mass 'BCC' mailings, you may want to consider using the Mail Merge process to send your mailings.  By creating a template, you can send the emails individually addressed and the recipient will only see their name in the 'To' field.  More information can be found in these articles:

- How to perform mail merge: KB Article 13883

- How to create a document template: KB Article 13834  

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you, I will try all of the suggestions and let you know if I have any additional problems.  Maybe you could answer one last question.  When a pop up window shows that there are new updates for ACT, it will not allow mw to install as I says I am not an administrator.  I am the only one using this database.

Platinum Super Contributor

That message will be presented if you are not a Windows Admin user. If you are a Windows Admin user, try running ACT! 'As Administrator' by: close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run as Administrator' (this applies to Vista and Windows 7).
Greg Martin
Sage

I just started the program and discovered that I actually have upgraded to ACT 12.0, but still with the same problem.  Are there any sugestions on how I can view my e-mail?

Thank you

The foolowing solution did not resolve the issue, any other suggestion?  I still can not view all my e-mail through ACT

This issue was resolved in ACT! 2010 with the Service Pack 1 update, here is an article with information about the update and instructions for downloading and applying it: KB Article 25927