Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mail Merge - Company Name in Subject Line

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

E-mail Merge - Company Name in Subject Line

Here is the scenario: I would like to run an e-mail merge to say five hundred companies in a lookup but want to capture the separate company names as the subject individually in each and every subject line of the e-mails.  So, to company ABC I want the name of the company, ABC, in the e-mail subject line, and for company XYZ the name XYZ in the subject line, etc.  I have already tested using Act's Mail Merge Field "<Company> in the subject line which produced e-mails with <Company> as the subject.  Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author DanSir
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: E-mail Merge - Company Name in Subject Line

The ACT! Mail Merge function does not allow for using fields in the subject line of the mail merge.  You can look into third-party add-on products that offer enhancements to the ACT! mail merge functionality.  Check out these two add-on sites:

ACT Add-ons

ACT! Solutions

One product I saw in particular that says you can customize the subject line was High Impact eMail

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author DanSir
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The ACT! Mail Merge function does not allow for using fields in the subject line of the mail merge.  You can look into third-party add-on products that offer enhancements to the ACT! mail merge functionality.  Check out these two add-on sites:

ACT Add-ons

ACT! Solutions

One product I saw in particular that says you can customize the subject line was High Impact eMail

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Do you know if ACT intends to add this?

I have not heard of any specific plans to implement this feature. If you would like to submit this as a product idea (if may have already been suggested), please post the request on the Share Your Ideas board in this Community.

Greig Hollister