Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-Mail frustrations

E-Mail frustrations

I'm not sure what I'm doing that incorrect ... I have been using ACT since beginning of this year and I've had nothing but trouble with e-mails. 

First problem, everything in my inbox will suddenly disappear and the only way I can retrieve is by calling customer service and they then have to go in "the backdoor".  Very, Very frustrating and I've wasted a considerable amount of time talking to customer service reps that are out of the country and don't quite get the problem.  I've had this happen on a very consistant basis.  The only way I've been able to retrieve my e-mail is to insist on talking with a Level 2 customer service rep in the U.S. I've gotten to the point where I don't even want to call for help especially if its someone who can't understand my concern or someone who isn't able to help me!  I don't want to sound negative although this program is supposed to be making my job easier not harder.     

Second problem is also with e-mails ...I cannot do e-mail merges.  I get error messages that my e-mail is NOT set up!  Yes it is ...One of the reasons I wanted the ACT program is so I could mass e-mail customers and its NOT working properly and no one at ACT customer service seems to be able to figure out why even when they get into my computer with me.  I can send individual e-mails although anytime there's more than two or three e-mail addresses being sent at one time ...I get an error message stating my e-mail information is not set up again ...frustrating.   I've asked customer service to help me on several occassions and the problem has not been resolved so unfortunitely I've stopped calling to ask for help. I don't have the time to spend hours on the phone with no results. 

I'd certainly appreciate any idea that other users may have.

Thank you.  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: E-Mail frustrations

stairmastersinc:

Please check your Private Messages.  It is the envelope in the upper right corner.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.