Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-Mail Blast of Same Message

E-Mail Blast of Same Message

I would like to send a standard message to my clients.  Is there a way to send this message without selecting each and every client, but have ACT find each e-mail address, send the message and attach a copy to each clients e-mail address.

Any help would be great.
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: E-Mail Blast of Same Message

Get your lookup, create your email template, click Write -> Mail Merge, follow the wizard.

Tom
Platinum Elite Contributor

Mike, I read your post about the e-mail blast ... can you please confirm that its literally not possible to send a blast with ACT! (10.0.1.199) containing more than about 50 addresses?  We have a blast we'd like to do for about 2,900 addresses.

Thanks,

Ken Krass

Paradigm Communications Group

Seattle, WA USA

Platinum Elite Contributor

If you send the emails as a mail merge, the issue is system resources. The suggested limit is 50 because that seems to be the least number that will successfully send at one time. You likely can send more that 50 but how many more is unknown. About the largest number I heard of was 200. Then there is the issue of spam blocking. Different ISPs have different limits so that trying to directly do an email blast of the size you are referring to is not a good idea without going through a provider equipped to handle the volume. One such provider that is able to work directly with the ACT! database is Swiftpage email. I suggest you check with them.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
PJ
Copper Contributor

ACT 2009 with Vista

I sent 1200 emails successfully through ACT all at the same time through mail merge, it was a short message though.

Good Luck

Penny

PJ
Copper Contributor

Tried a larger email blast ........couldn't cope !

It sent about 400 successfully, then about 600 (ish) into the outbox, whilst body of emails in the outbox were fine the email address had been left of so weren't sent. 

Got an error box up which enabled cancellation of the job, cleaned up outbox and eveything seems to be ok. (using ACT email so email doesn't get attached to history).

For info, I also use iConstantcontact which is ACT compatible, users seem to ignore these emails though as they treat them as advertising rather than personnel.

Bronze Super Contributor

You could break them up into blocks of 2/300 and then it would only take a few blasts to send all of them.  However Swiftpage does more than just send large numbers, it also gives reports of who has opened and clicked through and how often.  This feedback can be invaluable.  However, be aware that Swiftpage has a limit of 1,000 emails per day.  HTH.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

If you would like to send e-mail blasts right out of ACT! try our free trial account of Swiftpage.  Swiftpage helps you deliver marketing messages directly from your ACT! database to the right contacts at the right time and updates your contact records accordingly. As dshaw111 said, we provide detailed reports of who opens the e-mail and who clicks on the links.  However we do offer the ability to send to over 1,000 e-mails per day.  Our higher level accounts start off with the 1,000 emails per day send limit, but additional emails per month can be added to the accounts in 1,000 e-mail per day increments.

For more information check out our website at www.swiftpage.com.  Contact our sales department at (877) 228-8377 option 1 or e-mail us at sales@swiftpage.com