Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dynamic groups using history data

Dynamic groups using history data

Is it possible to access the history "results" and/or "regarding" fields (or any history field) as a evaluation criteria for a dynamic group?

If not, can a trigger be set on one of the history fields to fire off and set a value in a data field on the contact record?  Example: History Results = Call Completed and Regarding and/or Details = Call #1.  If so, set a custom field value, on the contact record, to the date of the change.  Hope this is clear.  Just trying to get some access to history data to use in groups - some way - some how. 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Dynamic groups using history data

The criteria for a Group (or Company) will only search actual fields and there isn't a built in function that will allow populating a field based on other field/history values.  You may want to look at using the 'Last XXXXXX' fields (xxxxxx = reached, meeting, attempt, results...).

Another option may be an add-on called 'Advanced Field Calculations' by Exponenciel. It doesn't say that it will use History data, but you may be able to use it with the 'Last XXXXXX' fields to get the desired results.  Here is a link to the description: Field Calculations

Greg Martin
Sage

'Advanced Field Calculations' doesn't access hostory data.  Is there anything you know of that does?

Employee

This would only be possible via the SDK, and even then it wouldn't be evaluating dynamic criteria like it does in the application, you'd basically have to develop and add-on to read histories and then add them to the correct group.

I'm not aware of any add-ons already developed that accomplish this.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Thanks Matt, I'm really looking to set data within fields on the contact record, based on history data.  A trigger if you will, that sets a custom contact fields when certain attributes are present in a history record (as described above).  This will allow me to have the dynamic groups I need.

Please pass on any developers you feel could do this.  If you are an experienced developer reading this, and have experience with the SDK, please contact me.  sc@mediapro.com.     

Found an ACT consultant to write a custom plug-in to move select history data (when input) into custom contact fields.  This allows me to make dynamic groups on those fields.  The consulting company was XACT Software Solutions  www.Xactsoftware.co.nz .  They were very fast, excellent quality, and reasonably priced.  A very good experience in working with them and highly recommended.  Good communication, a good price, and a quality product.  What else could one ask for? 

Bronze Super Contributor

I think you might be able to use the DevNet SQL Chart component to create a psuedo dynamic group.

Since ACT! 2010, the OLE DB Provider for reporting v2 has exposed the history data in the system.  This means you can build a SQL query against it.  If you can get at the data directly, I do not see that you would need to then update a field.

Once the proper query is built in the DevNet component, the code could then be imported into the standard ACT! dash component to utilize the capability to link to the contacts listed in result.  So, a quasi dynamic group via the ACT! Dashboard!

Cool!