Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dynamic group membership operator Within Next [days] not working

Tuned Listener

Dynamic group membership operator Within Next [days] not working

[ Edited ]

Have version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1. Created a group named “Upcoming Birthdays.” Dynamic member rules are set as:

The first line is:

Field Type: Contacts

Field Name: ID/Status

Operator: Equal To (=)

Value: Client

And/Or: And

The second line is:

Field Type: Contacts

Field Name: Birth Date

Operator: Within Next [days]

Value: 40

And/Or: End

This dynamic rule produces no results. However, I have clients with birthdays in the next 40 days (from today). The Birth Day field is set as an Annual Event.

I did get results when I changed the Operator to: Month Equal [number] / Value: 12. The upcoming and past birthdays for the 12 month did appear in the group.

I did a “check and repair” and did add a fictitious client but nothing. Also, I changed the value to 180 days and still no results.

This worked previously, I do not know why the Within Next [days] operator suddenly is not working.

Keeping everything the same as in the example above I changed the Operator to: With Last [days]. This does provide results. The dynamic membership will look backward but the Operator will not look forwards. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Chris

This is an addendum by the author made later in the day of the original post:

I’ve tinkered around with this a bit and if I use a value greater than the number 13 with the operator Within Next [days] it does not create a dynamic group. However, if I use a value of 13 and less, it will create a dynamic group of those whose birthdays are within 13 days. How can this be remedied?

Message Edited by chris102003 on 12-18-2009 12:50 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Dynamic group membership operator Within Next [days] not working

Hello Chris,

I did some testing with this operator as well and did not have consistent results. I will do some further testing and report as an issue. In the mean time, I would like to offer a suggestion to create a dynamic group for birthdays for each month of the year, so you can look at the upcoming months birthdays. Another alternative is to use the Annual Event option under the Lookup menu.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I've tested annual event lookup on two systems with ACT standard and ACT premium 2010.  The lookup annual event (birthday) works looking at the past (previous 60 days), but doesn't work looking forward (next 60 days).  I created new fields, entered new data, etc.  The lookup future is broken.

Merry Christmas - Mike   

Michael Johnson
First Plan
ACT Certified Consultant
ACT Premiere Trainer
503-221-2020
www.firstplan.com
Tuned Listener

Thanks Greig for the advice regarding monthly Bday groups. This will work until a solution arrives for the operator.