Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dynamic Groups - help needed!

Dynamic Groups - help needed!

Hi, this is my first post - so please be gentle with me!!!

I have set up my groups and am using the dynamic criteria via drop down boxes to create these groups.

I have three categories in my ID Status: Direct Customers, UK Distributors and Export Distributors.

In my Products drop down box I have three products - Product A, Product B and Product C.

I have set up my groups so that people can be for example a Direct Customer for Product A, or a Direct Customer for Product B... etc. The problem come when I want to make them a Direct Customer for Product A AND Product B (so both [product A and product B boxes are selected) - they are no longer apperaring in any group - I thought they would magically appear in both groups!  Obviously I need to set my criteria for the group differently, but can't work out how to do it - can anyone tell me please? Some people will only be direct customers for one product, some for two or three...

I hope this makes sense - HELP!!

Smiley Indifferent

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Dynamic Groups - help needed!

Hello Esskay,
Welcome to the ACT Online Community. What are the specific Groups you have setup? Each Group will need to have its own specific dynamic membership criteria. If you have Group called Direct Customer - Product A, then the criteria would be ID Status=Direct Customer AND Product=A. This will not work for a multi-select dropdown, since the Product field will contain 2 values, not one. If you have customers who will have more that one product, you will need to create a Yes/No field for each product, then check the ones that apply to that customer. Your Group criteria (from my previous example) would then be ID/Status=Direct Customer, Product A=True (indicating the Product A box is checked). Hope this makes sense

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Dynamic Groups - help needed!

All sorted, in the end I phoned the helpline and they were brilliant!  Phew...