Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dynamic Groups & Product List Problems

Dynamic Groups & Product List Problems

I own a manufacturers rep firm. We represent several brands to retailers. I am trying to create a dynamic group membership which allows us to automatically append contacts to group membership based on which product they purchased.  For example:

1. Customer A purchases Product 2. Customer A would automatically become a member of Group A (Customers who purchased Product 2).  In this scenario, the query would look like the following:

If ID/Status = Customer AND Product Name = 2 AND Status= Closed/Won, then Group A

When setting up the query IF Product Name = Product 2, none of the drop down menu items for products show up in the list.

Any help?

Jason

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Dynamic Groups & Product List Problems

They won't because product isn't part of the oppertunity table. The products are in a separate table that isn't available in the advanced query module.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you for the quick reply. I wish that Sage had not included the "appearance" of the functionality in the dynamic group query window. I designed the database based on the appearance of those query options in that window. Very frustrating.

Regards,

Jason

Bronze Contributor

I just looked in 2011 and you can select Product Name one you select Opportunity from the Type box on the left and then enter the product manually. Does this not work?

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Elite Contributor

I´ve being trying to do this since a long time. Always at no luck.

I work as sales rep with 6 different partners and would like to be able to group those customers of a given product for a marketing campaign for up grade, for example.

No way.

I tried for example:

- Type = Opportunities / Field Name = Product / Operator = Contains / Value = "Product Name" AND

- Type = Opportunities / Field Name = Status / Operator = Equal to / Value = 1

And many other syntaxes similar to this one and it seem´s to be impossible.

I wish I could.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE
Bronze Contributor

Have you tried to look them up independatly and then try and combine the syntax together to form a single query as I have found at time it is the order you put them in that makes a difference

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.