Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dynamic Group Issue

Dynamic Group Issue

Hi,

Can anyone help me wth a group query.  I have several groups set up on our database under the field criteria name of "system" and each group is specific to the value system type.  I have noticed through a report however that some contacts are remaining in the original system group even though they have had the system field amended on the contact page.

Please could somebody help me to overcome this as I was under the impression that contacts would automatically be added or removed from groups depending on the amendments made to the field types in that particular contact.

Many thanks

Silver Contributor

Re: Dynamic Group Issue

As you probably know, groups and be static or dynamic or both.  Can you check and see if there are any static members of this group? That could cause the issue you describe.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

How do I know if they have been set up as static or dynamic.  As far as I can tell the groups have been produced automatically from the criteria, which i presume is dynamic???

Silver Contributor

2 ways, from the group, click on 'Add/remove Contacts on the Contacts tab.  On this dialog box, there are two options. the top one specifies static groups. This shold be totall empty of contcts.

Also, you can go to the contact record of one of the offending contacts and to the groups/companies tab.  See iyour group shows up in this list.If so, it  is a static member. There is also a button here which says display dynamic group membership.  If you click this and your group show up, then there is something wrong with your dynamic group criteria.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider