Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dynamic Group Criteria Problems

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Dynamic Group Criteria Problems

Hi,

I'm trying to sort contacts into groups based on what they've bought from us.  I have created one group called 'Apace' (one of our products) which has the following criteria:

Opportunity: [Product] Name contains Apace

And no contacts show up, which is fine because nobody in the database has bought Apace yet.  But when I do the exact same thing (with a different product name, obviously) for another product which two of my contacts have purchased, the preview shows all 55,000 contacts I have in my database - even though I only have two opportunities created, which are linked to contacts.

I tried to do a similar thing earlier with a custom Product field and had the same results, but [Product] Name is a default field so I can't understand why this won't work.  Is it perhaps because I imported my Product list?  

Any help would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JammyJay
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Dynamic Group Criteria Problems

I phoned support and they recommended I installed service pack 1, I did so and now it appears to work fine Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Anyone?
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same issue in 2010, although I did *not* have this issue on ACT! 2009 (same query, I run multiple versions on mult machines).  Looks like either two people are getting the same query wrong, or there's a bug in ACT!  I'll see if I can get another set of eyes to look at this...

p.s. I tried my query on the Demo database using "Contains" "Service". 

Message Edited by rbrust on 06-13-2010 10:43 PM
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Solution
Accepted by topic author JammyJay
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I phoned support and they recommended I installed service pack 1, I did so and now it appears to work fine Smiley Happy