Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dymo Label Printer

Dymo Label Printer

Hi, Does anyone have any advice regarding using the Dymo label printer with Act 2008 V.10, initially when I looked into it it was supposed to be compatable with Act and I was under the impression as an image clearly shows, that it would install itself within the act programme seamlessly as it does simply with Word, outlook etc without any prompting from me, at this moment I have not found away round installing the printer icon into the act toolbar again as the image shows. Is there a simple solution, so far I am far from being impressed. Thanks in anticipationSmiley Mad
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Dymo Label Printer

[ Edited ]
What model of printer? I had exactly the same issue as you and ended up writing my own plugin to print in the end.  If all else fails, assuming your printer is compatible you can have the plugin I made.

If you are keen to get the original Dymo plugin that comes with the printer working you will need to contact Dymo as it is not an issue with ACT!, the plugin never actually gets installed.

Tom

Message Edited by TDavis on 03-27-2008 02:31 PM

I am a newbie to ACT and also have a Dymo printer. Now that I am entering all my addresses into ACT it would therefore be convenient if I could print the address from ACT. Can you please send me the plug in for ACT. my email is jegajothy@msn.com. Thanks a lot.
Nickel Super Contributor

What version of ACT!?

Tom
Nickel Elite Contributor

You would need to contact Dymo for that.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Nickel Super Contributor

I had offered to provide him with my own plugin as neither of us could get the dymo one to work.

Tom

I have Act 10.0 and a DYMO 400 label printer.  Can you send me the link as well

Thanks

pspillane@yahoo.com
Nickel Super Contributor

I have posted thge dymo label plugin here....to install it unzip the dlls into your plugins directory (by default c:\program files\act\act for windows\plugins).  This will only work with ACT! v10 (and possibly 9 but I can't remember in all honesty).  After you unzip the files restart ACT!.  If it worked you should see Print Label For Current Contact and Print Label For Current Lookup under the File menu.  Unfortunately I do not have time to support this product so if it works your welcome, if it doesn't sorry. Smiley Happy

http://hosting.rowcol.co.uk/downloads/addons/act10/labelplugin.zip  

Tom

Thanks for the posting of the lnk for adding Dymo Label printer. All that comes up are .dll files.  How do you get them to execute?  I updated from 6.0 to 2008, and in 6.0 I added a custom command in toolbars and just clicked on it and ir executed.  It filled in address of current contact or lookup and I could chose home or default address and if I wanted a history.  I used that feature about 4 times a day and miss it.   ACT and DYmo sites point finges back and forth as to who can help...
Nickel Super Contributor

Extract the dll files into the plugins directory and restart ACT!.  Read my previous post for the location of the plugins directory.

Tom