Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dymo Label Printer

Re: Dymo Label Printer

The dymo printer (labelwriter 400) is seamless in ACT. I have it.  Just go to tools then Print Dymo Label. Its great. You can use it in individual contact or look up.

Re: Dymo Label Printer

Would it be possible for someone to make a plugin that works with Sage act 11 2009 as the one below doesn't work with this version.
Highlighted

Printer Selection Work around for ANY label printer or printer selection

I know that there are a lot of Dymo users out there but I'm using three Brother Label printers and was dismayed to learn that Act! doesn't print to them unless they are set to be the default printer(s).  So I did some research and I have found two great ways to seamlessly do that --

http://www.netadmintools.com/art194.html

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-7343-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=245133&messageID=2365687

(rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /n "printer")

I tried to create the last link directly but my frustration nearly got me before I figured I had to outsmart Act! and here's what I did:

1. Create a batch file (open Notepad) and add similarly:

@echo off
        c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /n "Label - Standard Address"
        exit

2. Save it with extension .BAT (PrintExample1.bat) and remember where you put it (maybe C:\batchcode\)

3. Under Tools -> Customize -> Menu and Toolbars...

4. Create a Custom Command and browse to C:\YOURPATH\FILENAME.BAT (in my case C:\batchcode\PrintExample1.bat)

Create additional options for all of your printers you would like to print to and just remember to select the right one before you work with your printer of choice.  Don't forget to turn on the Custom Menu.

Hope this helps everyone!

Re: Printer Selection Work around for ANY label printer or printer selection

argh!

This works excellent...except I can't print 'vertically' on my Brother QL-570!

Do you have a template you can send me for the Brother Labeller?

thanks!!! 

@echo off
REM -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM |  BATCH FILE CREATED BY: ERIC MAYFIELD (LXENGR @ GM) 2011              
REM |                                               
REM |  USE: SetPrinterForAct {Param}                               
REM |                                               
REM |  NOTE: WINDOWS 7 ALLOWS YOU SIMPLIFY COMMAND LINE OF PRINTUI.  IF YOU ARE        
REM |  PRE-WIN7, USE "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry" AS IN:       
REM |  c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /n "%UseForActPrinter%"
REM |                                               
REM -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set SelectPrinter=%1
Set ResetPrinter=Brother HL-5340D series

If "%SelectPrinter%"=="Laser"         Set UseForActPrinter=Brother HL-5340D series
If "%SelectPrinter%"=="Color"         Set UseForActPrinter=Color Laser Printer
If "%SelectPrinter%"=="FileCenter"    Set UseForActPrinter=FileCenter PDF Printer

Smiley FrustratedetPrinter
    c:\windows\system32\printui.exe /y /n "%UseForActPrinter%"
    pause
:ResetPrinter
    c:\windows\system32\printui.exe /y /n "%ResetPrinter%"

:Exit
exit

I'm still a newbie with ACT! but I went to "print" a label (CTRL+P) and then chose to EDIT the template.  Then turn on the "Properties" and change the "Layout" Orientation to PORTRAIT.

Hope this helps!