Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dymo Label Pinter

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Dymo Label Pinter

Can anybody tell me how to connect a Dymo Label Printer to Act 11 I managed in Act 6 but so far cannot see how you do it in 11

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Dymo Label Pinter

Hi all,

I was having the same problem using a labelwriter 400 in the UK with ACT! 2009 (V11.0). I followed the advice above and installed the US version of the labelwriter software (DLS8Setup.8.2.0.820.exe) with my regional settings set to US. The plugin then appears to work and the "Print Dymo Label" option is available. I reset my regional settings back to the UK after installation and it still appears to work. This was effective on XP and Vista.

Hope this helps someone, as it is a very frustrating issue; the most popular contact software (developed in UK) with the most popular label printer, not working seemlessly together for a version upgrade that has been out for 18 months....

Roland (Oak timber framer)

Roland Horwood
Frame Design
TJ Crump Oakwrights Ltd
www.oakwrights.co.uk

View solution in original post

All Replies

I checked Dymo's website and they do not list ACT! 2009 as being compatible.  Contact them directly to see if there is a link that is compatible with ACT! 2009.

ACT! Compatibility with DYMO Label Software

Copper Contributor

I have downloaded the latest software 7.8.0.8 frome the Dymo website and it still does'nt work it mentions Act 2008 installation I would'nt think there was much difference between 2008 & 2009, Act support can't help I was directed to the Dymo US site where I was told I could find help but that didn't work I am now about to ring the US to see if I can resolve the problem, I cannot believe the there is not a facility within Act to print individual labels apart from singles on a A4 sheet surely someone must have had this problem before.
Champion Listener

I have a Dymo Labelwriter 400 turbo and it works great with the Latest Dymo software and ACT 2009.  The menu item added by the Dymo software is under TOOLS.  There is nothing special that has to be done to make it work.

Dan P. Beckner

Copper Contributor

Lucky you, I have added the plug-in from the Dymo program which seems to give you the option of Act 6 & Act 2000 but when I go into the tools menu there is nothing relating to Dymo in sight I have tried adding a new command via the customisation menu but nothing it seems to me the Dymo software isn't integrating with ACT
Champion Listener

There must be something else going on on your computer.  I just deleted the ACT addin and went through the menus to select ACT/Act 6/Setup and Dymo once again added the Print Dymo Labels to the Tools menu.  I then printed a label and it worked as before.  I am running Vista64 Home Premium on a HP 9450.  Nothing very special about my hardware or software.

Dan

Thanks, it must be something I am not doing right, I had a similar problem with Act 6 I will have another go when I am next in the office
Copper Contributor

I have tried your suggestion and it still doesn't work I received a reply from Dymo support :-

Act! 11, is not officially supported yet, although we know it could work if you install DLS 7.8
Uninstall DYMO Label Software
Reinstall 7.8
Open Act! OPEN ACT!
Click on tools
and you should see the print dymo label icon.
Click on there and let me know if it prints.

If you have any questions please feel free to reply to this email

Thanks.

Manny E.
DYMO Customer Relations

I replied to this

I have done exactly as they suggested  and the Dymo icon doesn't appear nor does the the Dymo command appear in the menu section, the thing is I can't go live with the database until I get the label problem sorted as everyone needs to print individual labels, the only thing is they will have to use the old Act 6 DB for this purpose until I get this sorted (fortunately 11 & 6 can run side by side)

Thanks for your interest 

Copper Contributor

I know I keep prattling on about this but I find it very frustrating that a program like Sage Act 11 doesn't support any form of individual label printing it's all very well saying you can print from an A4 sheet but this is the 21st century after all.

I have included the latest reply from Dymo support if anybody can find a glimmer of hope in it please let me know.

This message is in response to your request for support. Below are the details of your request and our reply. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction you may reopen it within the next 7 days. We appreciate you allowing DYMO to assist you with your labeling needs. To update your question from our support site, click here.

Subject I have downloaded the latest drivers so I can use the plug-in for Act 11 but ... Discussion Thread Response (Heidi Brannigan) 05/20/2009 12:54 PM EDT Graham, First of all, thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. It is only through feedback like yours that we can improve. The Dymo addin for Act 11 will be available with the release of Dymo Productivity Software which is due to be released on June 15, 2009. However it is only compatible with US versions of Act and the Dymo application. The link below brings you to the US drivers and download page of our website. When the new software is available you will be able to download it from there. Also you will have to change the regional settings on your computer before installing the US version of the Dymo application in order for the addin to be recognized. This can be accessed thru the control panel. Answer Title: Drivers and Downloads Answer Link: https://dymo.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/dymo.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=101&p_created=1081888623 Manny Espinal DYMO Customer Relations Response (Manny Espinal) 05/11/2009 02:53 PM EDT Graham, Unfortunately ACT 11 is not yet officially supported, we know by installing DYMO Label Software it would add the Add-Ins for ACT 11, but if it doesn't work we still do not "support it official" for the moment there's nothing we could do. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks Manny E. DYMO Customer Relations Customer (Graham Whibley) 05/11/2009 08:56 AM EDT I solved it by re-starting Windows but I still can't get ACT to install the Dymo facility I have now got to the point of ringing the States this afternoon