Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Duplicating a Contact

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Duplicating a Contact

I am having trouble duokicating a contact in Act 2010 Ver 12.1.181.0 Hot Fix 1 When I "Duplicate Contact" from all fields or from primary fields, I receive the message: "Value Cannot Be Null" and nothing autopopulates. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dmmcgee
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Duplicating a Contact

Check your username (what you logon with - under Tools>Manage Users) compared with your name under the My Record entry.  They need to be the same.

e.g. if you log on as JohnD, but your name in My Record is John Doe, you'll get that error.  Change your logon name to match.

Hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

I had the same problem. Error in the database and no population until it was saved, then the data appeared. The new 2011 will fix that.
Paul NJ
Long Term Care for families in New York and New Jersey from the leading Insurance companies, to eliminate the burden on the support people. Monitor the care not provide it.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dmmcgee
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Check your username (what you logon with - under Tools>Manage Users) compared with your name under the My Record entry.  They need to be the same.

e.g. if you log on as JohnD, but your name in My Record is John Doe, you'll get that error.  Change your logon name to match.

Hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Many thanks! Worked like a charm. Mike