Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Duplicating Contact Within a Group - but contact is not automatically assigned to that group

Duplicating Contact Within a Group - but contact is not automatically assigned to that group

In previous versions of ACT, when I duplicated a contact (selecting Duplicate from Primary Fields), the new contact was assigned to the group the existing contact was assigned to.  Duplicating contacts now results in the contact being created, but if I forget to assign it to a group, it is "lost in space".  Is there a way to duplicate contacts and have the new contact be AUTOMATICALLY assigned to that group?

Thanks,

Monica

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Duplicating Contact Within a Group - but contact is not automatically assigned to that group

Duplicating a contact only duplicates the fields ... not any sub-table data like notes, histories, groups, opportunities, activities.

Re: Duplicating Contact Within a Group - but contact is not automatically assigned to that group

Mike: what is the solution to this problem - i.e. adding new contacts created through duplication to the same groups the original contact was a member off?

Thanks

Cristian