Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Duplicated contact history

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Duplicated contact history

HI all,

I had a workstation setup with a remote db stop performing sync. As far as I could tell the user had changed the sync settings, and options accept incoming sync were turned on.  Syncronisation was enabled but the sync now option was greyed.

To resolve I created a new remote database and installed on the workstation, then imported the old remote database (after checking the merge options).  All contacts merged correctly, however the history on each contact was duplicated.

Can these duplicate entries only be removed manually (there is a lot), or is there a cleaner way for me to import the original remote db into a fresh remote db?

Thanks,

Kayton

ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kaytonk@hotmail.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Duplicated contact history

Well, given the lack of response I shall assume that there is no automated way to clean it up. I've managed to replicate the fault easily enough that I assume it is known and accepted.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

The problem you have is that if you were able to look behind the sceenes there are probably some duplicates althouhg it could be that the create date (system date) is actually different whihc is why they did not merge during the import. Only manual removal might be the solution IMHO

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the response, but these are entries that existed in the original database (and of course the  remote db when it was created). The entries themselves are unchanged in any way.  Any changes made only in the remote db that had not been synchronized are fine, its only ones that existed in both the remote and the main database.

Solution
Accepted by topic author kaytonk@hotmail.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Well, given the lack of response I shall assume that there is no automated way to clean it up. I've managed to replicate the fault easily enough that I assume it is known and accepted.