Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Duplicate contacts created from Outlook

Duplicate contacts created from Outlook

I am using ACT! Pro V.18 and Outlook 365 V. 15.0.4787.1002 both desktop. When I add a contact from Outlook, 2 or 3 contacts are created in ACT!

Administrator

Re: Duplicate contacts created from Outlook

Hi Mike,

That is quite odd. We haven’t seen that behaviour before.

Does this also happen in a new database, i.e the demo database?
Is the contact that is being duplicated the only contact on the email?
Are you certain that the contact doesn't already exist in the database?
Administrator

Are you synchronising with Google was well as Outlook by any chance?

Thanks for responding, Gary. No, I don't use Google or anything but desktop applications, like Outlook.

Administrator

mexicomike wrote:

I am using my own database, not the demo. And I am only adding people who did not exist before. To double-check that, I added a few new ones last night and immediately checked. There were 3 new contacts for each one I added via the “Add-Ins” tab then “Create ACT! Contact”.

I am using Outlook as part of Office 365 desktop. Version 15.0.4787.1002. I am running Windows 7 Professional with the latest upgrades and patches applied. Machine is Intel i7 (older version), 32 MB fast ram, Quadro Pro video card, SSD drives for programs and operating system.

I just checked and some (not all) contacts that had 3 records initially, now have 6. Will it ever end? I noticed that when I imported contacts from Outlook that ACT! Made 3 contact for each one also.

When I deleted 1 contact, it also deleted the ALL contacts by that name.

Thanks Mike,

The last point you made about all the duplicates being deleted when deleting one, does strike me as very odd and would suggest that the database is damaged in some way.

Could you please test the behaviour in a brand new database with some test contacts, then configure outlook for this new database, and then try creating some contacts from the outlook add-in.

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I did create a new database. I added some contacts directly in ACT! and they were fine. I then added contacts from Outlook emails from the "Add-Ins" menu. What was strange was that the new contacts would not add - could not be created. I then made a copy of the old database with a new name and location. Tried adding from Outlook and got same results - none were added. I then tried deleing some of the duplicates. Again, all instances of that contact were deleted.

I hope you have an idea. I will submit this new info to customer service. i had opened a ticket before and have not gotten a reply. I really used to love ACT!