Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Duplicate companies

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Duplicate companies

I'm unable to understand why does ACT let me create a duplicate company with the same exact name.

If there are multiple users creating companies - for ex: if I assign contact Mr.A to XYZ Co that I have created and my coworker assigns Mr.B to XYZ Co that they have created, how do I make XYZ Co unique so that once it is created nobody else is able to create one with the same company.

I understand how it works with contacts and groups but unable to figure out how to do it with companies.

Any suggestions?

Ruby K

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rubyk
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Duplicate companies

Unfortunately, that option does not currently exist, but I can see how it would be a useful feature. I would encourage you to make this a feature request by posting it in the Share Your Ideas board in this forum. I assure you that your request will be read and considered by our product managers.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

I understand how the duplicate checking works. It works for contacts for me, not for companies

Ruby K

Ruby,
ACT! does not prevent you from creating duplicate records (contacts, groups, companies, etc), but if you enable duplicate checking for Companies and add the Company name field to the field checking criteria, users will get a warning when a duplicate company name is created. The same applies to contacts and groups.

What version of ACT! are you using? And are you an Admin user for the database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I'm using Act Pro 2011 and I am an Admin for the database. I did get a warning, but I thought that maybe I could set a rule thatdoes not allow creating a duplicate company.

Thanks for your anyswer though. It was helpful Smiley Happy

Ruby K
Solution
Accepted by topic author rubyk
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Unfortunately, that option does not currently exist, but I can see how it would be a useful feature. I would encourage you to make this a feature request by posting it in the Share Your Ideas board in this forum. I assure you that your request will be read and considered by our product managers.

Greig Hollister