I have found that when I check for duplicates, with my current list of 4300+ contacts, I immediately get a notice that says, "No records were found that match the specified criteria." I have it set to check first for Company, then Contact and then Phone. I deal with many large engineering firms and may have 20 to 30 contacts in the same company at the same address. In the past when I checked for duplicates, it might take a minute or two (as my super power memory recalls) to either cull out the dups or advise me there were none. This instantaneous response makes me think I may have a value set incorrectly.