Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Duplicate Notes in the Notes/History Report

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Duplicate Notes in the Notes/History Report

I am using Sage ACT!Pro 2013 and am having difficulty with the standard Notes/Histories report.

After some experimenting to understand the behavior, it is clear to me that the NUMBER of notes for a particular contact in the given period is what drives the duplication. For example, a person had two notes during the month of August (and thus appeared twice in my August report). I changed an older note's date to move it into August, and sure enough, this person now shows up THREE times in the report.

For example, if I run the report specifying only me as the record manager, for the period August 1 - August 30, the notes/history for contact John Doe shows up as many times as he has notes during that period, one right after the other, in the report. The notes are exactly the same, for the exact same contact. I have not "shared" this notes/history with another contact, and there is no other user associated with this contact.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dbast
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Duplicate Notes in the Notes/History Report

What you're using isn't a standard unmodified Notes-History report. What you describe can't happen with the standard report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author dbast
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

What you're using isn't a standard unmodified Notes-History report. What you describe can't happen with the standard report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'd certainly like to believe it can't happen in the standard report. I would not have thought anyone had modified it, but I'll see if I can reinstall the original version of the report. Thanks!

Roy: Perhaps you can help me with a related issue.

The reason the "standard" form wa behaving that way was because of one change: In the page header, where it gives a count of all contact records, what I really want is a count of only the number of records in this particular notes/history report. So I changed the field from COUNT([C:Contact]) to COUNT ([CN:Contact]).

Doing that gives me the right number at the top of the page, but causes the duplication of the contact records I had noted earlier.

Having a count of the total number of contacts isn't really useful to me -- I'm trying to produce a report that tells us how many contacts we "touched" during our specified period of time. How?

You most likely want to use Lookup | Contact Activity to get the count you want. The report editor is very restrictive on what can be placed in the report header

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

ok, thanks. --diane