Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Duplicate Note in Report

Copper Super Contributor

Duplicate Note in Report

I'm running an Opportunity Report by Contact that I customized to include Contact Notes (a "Regarding" field). When it runs, it prints a duplicate note for the latest entry, but not the previous entries (it prints them, but doesn't duplicate them). If I choose "do not print if duplicated" and "collapse if blank," the duplication goes away, but a space is left where the duplicate note would have been.  It's very annoying.  Please advise if there's a way to kill the duplicated, latest note, or collapse the area that the duplicate note would have appeared in.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Duplicate Note in Report

You need to fix the report template. My guess is that you simply added the Notes Regarding field directly to the contact portion of the template rather than adding it is a sub-report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

Nope. I added it to the sub-report. The latest note prints out twice, followed by all past notes.  After reading your reply, I tried doing it the "wrong" way, and adding regarding field to the contact portion of the report template.  Doing that produces only the latest note, and none of the past notes..

I'm having the same issue. Anyone have a fix?

Platinum Elite Contributor

When you mix fields from different tables into one area of a report template the results can be somewhat unpredictable. One result can be the information from one contact gets mixed with another contacts information.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclusure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.  The report chapters work for all version of the ACT! program since ACT! 2007.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks, I successfully created a subreport to show all the notes for a contact (specifically, the 'regarding' field) using this guide, but when I run the report, only one note appears. How can I get the rest to appear?