Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Drop-down list values missing

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Drop-down list values missing

I have defined 4 different drop-down list values in each of several bespoke fields. During use, most of these fields show all four drop-down list values. However, two fields show only 2 drop-down list values and another only 3. I have removed the two fields that don’t work, saved and exited, then gone back into design layout  and introduced the 2 fields anew . The same problem occurs.

I have double-checked within “edit drop-down list” that the 4 drop-down list values exist and they do. I have tried adding an extra field and indeed this appears in the view, but the fields that were shown are still not shown.

Can anybody give any tips as to what might be happening here?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Drop-down list values missing

Be sure to check your field length (Tools > Define Fields). If the field isn't as long as the actual value in the drop-down list, the item will not show.
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Be sure to check your field length (Tools > Define Fields). If the field isn't as long as the actual value in the drop-down list, the item will not show.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg - this was the problem - many thanks for your help !

Platinum Elite Contributor

Arkwight,
Thank you posting this issue and verifying the solution. We have created a new Knowledgebase article to share this information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3002...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.