Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Drop Downs, Phone prefixes etc

Re: Drop Downs, Phone prefixes etc

Thank you all who posted on this one. Changing the DPI (took me a while to understand what that meant; jargon folks! too much jargon) fixedthe phone field issue. But now everything on my machine is very small..! It seems like an unreasonable requirement to sacrifice clarity in many applications for basic functionality in one. Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Try this:
Right-click on the Desktop
Personalise
Display
Select something other than "Small"

Not sure if that adjusts DPI or not ... if that cases the layout issues again, set it back and just change your monitor to a lower resolution
Bronze Super Contributor

My only suggestion is that you visit this page and vote up the idea. The only way we'll get this fixed is if enough people complain about it.

http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/Allow-font-sizes-other-than-96-DPI/idc-p/85659

Ben.

Bronze Contributor

I would, but I'm sure they would claim their surveys show users would rather Sage invest the time & effort in SideACT!

Signature
Platinum Elite Contributor

SideACT! without the most used function ... alarms when ACT! not open :-(

And we all know how accurate surveys are - see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjh13hxehl4
Nickel Elite Contributor

I am not sure who thinks ACT! users don't see this as a big problem.  Just a quick review of the forum will see how upset people are about it and how little difference that has made in the progress of this issue.  I have had several customers, and the number is growing every day as people purchase larger monitors, quit ACT! altogether after being a loyal customer for years because of this one issue.  What good is it to have a 25" monitor and use small fonts?  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)