Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Drop Down Lists

Drop Down Lists

I created a drop down list with 7 different values.  When I select the drop down list in my Contact Detail View only 5 values are visible to select from.  How do I get all the values to be visible, so I can select the correct value?

Thank you,

Jamie

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Drop Down Lists

It's a guess, but they might contain illigal characters. Can you show the 7 elements?

Act 2010 v. 12.0.1.181 hotfix 1. -Windows 7
Platinum Elite Contributor

Jamie,
Can you scroll down the list to see the other 2 values, or are they missing from the list altogether?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

Thank you for responding.  The field box has the drop down list arrow next to it.  When I click on the arrow, the drop down box appears with 5 of the 7 selections.  Below the 5 selections is a box titled "Edit List Values."  When I click on on this box another window opens titled, "Edit List."  This window displays all 7 values and asks to " Enter drop-down list values.

Platinum Elite Contributor

There is a limit to the number of items that will initially display on a dropdown without having to scroll. It seems to vary depending on the type, size and position of the dropdown. The most I've seen at one time is 8 values. This is determined by something in the program code, but I could tell you what is. You can try moving the fields to allow more space underneath...this has worked in some cases. Also, with really long lists you can type the first letter of the value you want and it will zip down to the first value on the list that starts with that letter.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.