Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Drop Down Ghosts??!!

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Drop Down Ghosts??!!

I am putting together a new v2009 database and in the process have added a couple test people and deleted the test people.   I have also made changes to my dropdowns and when i finally know what I want in my dropdowns, the info i added in the dropdowns of the test people continues to show up when i do a look up.  Like a ghost.  I made a duplicate copy and an empty copy of the dbase and the problem continues. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Drop Down Ghosts??!!

Success- The ghosts have been excersized!!  Thank You

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

Drop downs are common to all contacts can you give some further information on this problem as I am not understanding your problem

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Super Contributor

If you are referring to the values that appear in the Lookup screen (previous Lookup values), use this article to remove the 'Recent' lists: KB Article 14639

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Put in simple terms.  I have experimented with what would work best for me in the ID status field.  I have found I only need four different choices for ID status.  In manage drop down list I include only those four options.   The test people I deleted had various ID status's but as I said I have narrowed it to 4 choices.  When I go to Lookup- ID status- I see the lookup contact window that says- Field ID status - Starts with- and in the the last window-  my options are not only the 4 I have chosen but also the unwanted ID status's of the test people i deleted. (Those are at the top of the list- separated by a double line).   This is a perplexing problem.

Platinum Super Contributor

Did you try the steps in the article referenced?  It will reset the values displayed in the Lookup screen.

For easy reference: KB Article 14639

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

• Am I correct  in my understanding of this, if I rename my ID status field  : 734829c0ac6ca88b58f204961b70ac6c.H - then the proplem will correct- and than can I change it back to id status?
  • Platinum Super Contributor

No - definitely don't rename your fields!  Those are files that contain the recent values entered into the fields.  You will need to locate the files (path included in the article) and rename or delete them.  You can remove all of the '.H' files as they will be rebuilt as you enter new values in Lookups.

Greg Martin
    Sage
    Solution
    Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
    ‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
    Copper Contributor

Success- The ghosts have been excersized!!  Thank You