Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Drag and Drop Features..

Nickel Contributor

Drag and Drop Features..

I was "clearing an activity" (whatever that means in ACT!)  and noticed I can't drag and drop a file in the attachment section of the "clear activity"

Does ACT! have any drag and drop features?  i haven't found any.  But of course, this will be a pricey addon feature soon. You bet!

Also, why can't ACT! do something with the document tab?  Why can"t I right click the file and "print, fax, e-mail" etc.  Why can't there be folders there and why can't there be a tree view of folders/files, say, maybe specific to the contact?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

I am using 9.0. Either my questions and prayers were answered with 10.0 or it's the same old song and dance.

-P
Nickel Contributor

Re: Drag and Drop Features..

oops!

I'll take that back.  Only the document tab has drag and drop. 

-P
Platinum Elite Contributor

patgenn123 wrote:
I was "clearing an activity" (whatever that means in ACT!)  and noticed I can't drag and drop a file in the attachment section of the "clear activity"
It this time, you have to browse to the file.
Does ACT! have any drag and drop features?  i haven't found any.  But of course, this will be a pricey addon feature soon. You bet!
Well, there are in some areas (eg calendars), but probably worth requesting more in areas that it makes sense to you
Also, why can't ACT! do something with the document tab?  Why can"t I right click the file and "print, fax, e-mail" etc.  Why can't there be folders there and why can't there be a tree view of folders/files, say, maybe specific to the contact?
With ACT! 10, there is a free add-on to preview the documents within the tab

You might post a request for features to be considered for a future version here
http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.
Nickel Contributor

Mike,

You really took me off guard!  A free add on by ACT!?   A productive addon?  A viewer to see the inside the document before opening it?

Well call me a monkey's uncle! 

See ACT! must be paying a critic to look at this software because all these "yes sir and yes m'am" people that work at Sage haven't done them one bit of good. These people really make the company what it has become.  Is someone finally doing something there?

My oh my.  Maybe just maybe there is hope.

I feel like I am at a revival!!!  Let's sing and dance.  Sage is no longer going cheap!

Where is this website for that viewer?

They are for ACT! 10, which might not help you ... no idea if they would work with other versions.

A couple of nice guys at Sage did them and even provide the source code so other add-on developers can see what's possible
Nickel Contributor

With all due respect.  I think that viewer is going to be nice,  but what good is the documents in that tab when you can't do anything with it?

Kind of like the secondary contacts tab.  If the secondary contact is already a contact in the database, why can't it pre-fill in the info.  Some of these ideas are good,  but if you have to do extra work,  the concept is garbage.

It's kind of like having a drop of poison in a glass of water.  99% is water(which is good), but the poison kills.

While were at it,  the merge process really needs work.  If I wanted to send a letter to a lookup,  it literally takes 7 steps to do it.  Why can't Sage allow us to assign a hotkey to all these scenarios and get'er done without that mindless drivel?

Why can't ACT! autoname the template also when/before it pops up on the screen after the merge?

What about an ability to "auto print" without any of those steps.  Just print it!!!

These things really annoy me and most people. 

No one thought about these things and until there is some ease and functionality,  then the waiting is hardest part

patgenn123 wrote:
With all due respect.  I think that viewer is going to be nice,  but what good is the documents in that tab when you can't do anything with it?
It's useful for keeping files "in progress" with a contact - easy to find and shared with other users
This article whos how to map info from the contact to a spreadsheet - http://tinyurl.com/4vb3fx
This article shows how to add a folder to the tab (useful for collecting files for a contact) - http://tinyurl.com/4mbp6s
Kind of like the secondary contacts tab.  If the secondary contact is already a contact in the database, why can't it pre-fill in the info.  Some of these ideas are good,  but if you have to do extra work,  the concept is garbage.
Pre-fill what?
While were at it,  the merge process really needs work.  If I wanted to send a letter to a lookup,  it literally takes 7 steps to do it.  Why can't Sage allow us to assign a hotkey to all these scenarios and get'er done without that mindless drivel?
I think the guys who did Mergemaster made this easy with Profiles that could made as icons... but that's email/fax/sms and only Aust/NZ at the moment
Why can't ACT! autoname the template also when/before it pops up on the screen after the merge?
I doubt most people would want the same naming conventions
What about an ability to "auto print" without any of those steps.  Just print it!!!
Probably because email is more used?
No one thought about these things and until there is some ease and functionality,  then the waiting is hardest part
I think after 7.0, getting stability and speed fixed was the highest priority... then Vista and Office 2007. Hopefully, now that 10 has got past that the Product Management team can look at the feature request database and pick the good ones to start adding

A prefill for the secondary contacts would be great, searching for a secondary contact prefill is actually what brought me here.  My company has many, many, many contacts with agents assigned to most of them.  We have the agents as contacts in our system as well as our customers.  It would be wonderful if, when we were inputting the contact, or if someone was doing some housekeeping on the database, that when we wanted to put the agent in for secondary contact, the agents info would either autofill, or some sort of link we could click on to the agent's contact info would present itself.

[ Edited ]

This sounds like it would be a good idea for a Feature Request

Message Edited by ghollister on 08-21-2008 01:38 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.