Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Downloading Data from ACT 5.0 into ACT 10.0 - Problem!

Downloading Data from ACT 5.0 into ACT 10.0 - Problem!

I've had ACT 5.0 on my home PC with Windows XP for the past several years.  Everything was fine.  I recently bought ACT 10.0, installed it on my computer and began the process to convert data from 5.0 so it would be compatible with the new program.  I installed and uninstalled ACT 10.0 three times.  Midway through each installation, I got the message "SQL Server Setup unexpectedly failed".  The setup summary log file said ( among other things ):

-     Action "ParseBootstrapOptionsAction" failed during execution.  Could not parse command line due to datastore exception.

-   Source File Name:  utillib\persisthelpers.cpp

-     writeEncryptedString() failed.

-   Source File Name:  utillib\persisthelpers.cpp

-     Windows Error Text: Key not valid for use in specified state. Error Code: -2146893813.

-   Source File Name:  cryptohelper\cryptsameusersamemachine.cpp

-     Failed to find property "InstallMediaPath" in cache

-   Source File Name:  datastore\propertycollection.cpp

-     Failed to find property "primarylogfiles" in cache

-   No collector registered for scope:  "SetupStateScope"

-     Failed to create CAB file due to datastore exception

-     Failed to find property "HostSetup" in cache

-   No collector registered for scope:  "SetupBootStrapOptionsScope"

Thanks for reading this far.  None of the above looks very positive.  Any suggestions?  I appreciate your help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Downloading Data from ACT 5.0 into ACT 10.0 - Problem!

So, just to understand, this is happening when you're installing ACT! 10.... that is, it's not when converting the database as the install isn't complete?

Is your OS XP home? If so, how much RAM is installed?  Do you use Trend Micro antivirus? If so, try uninstalling it and than try installing the ACT! program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Mike,

Partially,  I actually got through the installation 3 times...or shall I say, it appeared the installation was complete.  However, I knew something was wrong when midway through each process I got a pop-up that read "SQL Server Setup unexpectedly failed".  The "installation" went through to the end, but when I tried to convert the data from 5.0 into the 10.0 program, it essentially halted.  I guess that message was a notice of something significant.

Later, when I located the summary log, I saw that several things did not occur as expected.  I listed many of them with my bullet points.  Recommendations for getting back on track?

Rich

Roy,

Thanks for your reply.  My system is "Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3.  The amount of RAM is 512 MB.  I've never used Trend Micro AntiVirus.

Do you believe that more RAM will be needed to handle ACT?

Rich

Excellent.  Thanks Mike.